The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts pre-kindergarten program, established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, makes quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families not only in Erie County, but across the commonwealth.
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program is based on the quality components adopted for pre-kindergarten by the State Board of Education and provides families with a choice of quality pre-kindergarten options.
Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts classrooms:
- have teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children;
- use a curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially;
- regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child;
- help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten; and
- offer a small class size so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers.
The Pre-K Counts program is provided at each of our 6 locations. In Erie, please contact Maggie Heslop for City Center at 814-456-4576 x 10, and Elizabeth Crandell for Harbor Homes or John Horan Garden Apartments. In Union City, please contact Carlie Eck at 814-438-7016. For North East, please contact Maggie Heslop at 814-456-4576 x 10.